Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Classroom Progress...


So today was the day I had hoped I would be done with my classroom, but it hasn't turned out that way. 

I literally start working on something and then can't work on it any longer because I need X and I don't have X so then I work on something else until the same things happens. Ugh!

My wonderful husband came back after work again today to help me out. I wanted to make a second bulletin board for in my classroom this year since I only have one. I am teaching the book Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Patillo Beals this year and needed a place to put up pictures of the events that occurred so that the kids can refer to them. I am teaching the book to a different set of kids every 9 weeks so it really is a permanent bulletin board that will stay up all year. I bought one of those foam insulation boards from Home Depot and covered it in a flat bed sheet. My husband stapled it together but the staples kept popping back up after time...aka we need a heavy duty staple gun. 

He also helped me laminate and cut out all the laminated stuff. I love to laminate, but it is SO tedious to cut it all apart. I swear it took a good hour or two just to cut everything apart. So I am pretty much ready to go with the bulletin board as soon as I can staple it all together...*breathe*

Surprisingly, this is getting smaller...



That is literally the last of the junk I need to sort through. I have 3 piles of posters: The heck yes, the maybe, and then the hmmm I don't think so, but if I need something to fill space it is okay. I also have my cut out laminated items. The garbage can is full of extra copies that I had lingering around over the past 5 years. I had kept them in the filing cabinet "just in case" and decided to get rid of the filing cabinets. I'm going to bring ONE copy of each of these papers home and scan them and stick them on my USB drive.

So if you have visited my Pinterest page you have seen my OCD boards which are subcategorized...my USB looks like this too. I have a folder for everything! It is beautiful and so easy to find every document I need quickly. It actually looks pretty similar to a Pinterest page in terms of titles for my folders.

The next three "school" days (Thursday, Friday & Monday) I am at a Language Arts PD all day so I don't anticipate too much work getting done in this room. I might be able to put an extra hour or two in after the meeting so I am hoping to have this room put together soon. Parents come on Tuesday so it has to be presentable by then! :)


 photo Signature_zps4b51f1c7.png

3 comments:

  1. Haha - I completely understand. I keep on telling myself, today I will put up my word wall. Today I will finish organizing my library...hopefully something next week it will actually be 'today'. :) Good luck!

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE Warriors Don't Cry!!! I was new at my school last year and they had never read it there. My fabulous PTO bought me a class set of the novel, and my eighth graders had fits over it. They would mutiny if I tried to stop reading even a minute before the bell rang! And I had seventh graders talking about how they couldn't wait to read it! I'm REALLY looking forward to teaching it again. If you have any ideas to swap I'd love to! acasiday@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...