Thursday, August 8, 2013

Getting Ready to Head Back to School!




I can't believe summer is almost over. Please no, not yet!

This week has been a whirlwind and I am sorry for not updating more. I have been so busy working at school and attending PD's time just got away from me. 

I also had to get back to school ready:



 Love my hair, don't you? HA! This had to happen yesterday after my morning collaborating with my colleagues on our first unit of the year. I had it done last in MAY! It was wayyy overdue! :) I have the best hairdresser in the world! Love him!

Have you all found any great back-to-school deals?

I have been on the hunt for some more scissors for my ISN supply buckets and I need some more marker packs. I saw that Tarjay had markers for $0.75 but they were the really skinny ones. I was also being cheap and thought that if I hold out a little longer I might be able to really steal a snag! After all, I want every kid to have their own so that means 30 of them. 

 photo Signature_zps4b51f1c7.png

2 comments:

  1. I am planning on doing ISN with my students this year and I wanted them to all be the same size with the same number of pages but I wasn't sure if I could afford them or if I would have to hope they would buy the right item. I was at Target the other day and they had "basic" spiral notebooks for $.17 each. I bought a variety of colors and half were college ruled the other half wide ruled. That way they have some feeling of choice. I am pretty excited about that deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a steal! I did that a few years ago for my kids when Staples was still doing the penny deals. I had my mom stop to pick some up for me almost daily and then my husband and I went a lot too. It was so worth it! We ask for students to bring 2 Composition Notebooks for Language Arts, but I know that some won't bring any due to financial constraits. I have picked up a few of these for $0.50 as my backup for those kids. We will have to compare how our kids are using their ISN's and keeping up with them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...