Friday, November 1, 2013

MIA



Sorry I have been MIA for far longer than I wanted to be. To be honest, I've been a little overwhelmed lately.

I love teaching. I can't imagine being in any other profession and I take a lot of pride in my work. However, I am a bit of a perfectionist and so when I do something I have to give it 110% every day all the time. As an introvert, this leaves me feeling exhausted and I end up needing a lot of "me" time to recharge my batteries.

I am loving teaching the reading workshop this year. I am having so many moments with my students where they finally have found a book that they are in love with. This month I had two students that discovered a book that they actually liked and read cover to cover for the first time...ever! I am beyond proud of them. Their passion in their book talk was obvious to the audience and I could have burst with tears at how proud I was of them! It was truly inspiring!

I think that the hardest part about teaching for me is trying to be an extrovert. It really wears me out. I am so over stimulated from 8 AM until I get home at 4:30 PM I just crash on the couch. Many of my planning periods I am in my classroom trying to steal some "me" time, however there is another class in there and sometimes I have to rush off to meetings. I know my fellow teachers understand what I am talking about when I say we really don't have a spare moment in our day. During hall duty my kids want to give me a hug or talk to me. Lunch time is our team time and it is only 24 minutes (not counting the time it takes to get them down to the cafeteria and back).

Please understand, I do not mean to sound as though I am complaining. I won't change my job for anything, but I hope that explains why I don't get to blog as often as I would like right now. My batteries are drained and I'm trying to just recharge.

Here's a little more I found out about myself after taking the Carl Jung personality test. I was shocked that this is really spot on with my personality. Maybe you have a similar personality: http://eclecticemily.com/2008/11/21/discovering-my-personality-type-according-to-carl-jung/

Hopefully I will be back soon...and with more minion stories. :)

 photo Signature_zps4b51f1c7.png

2 comments:

  1. I think most bloggers have a MIA time. Mine will probably occur when basketball hits full swing.. Save us the good minion stories.... Get some rest. Christmas break will be here before we know it.
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I have a lot of great stories to share. :) I'm sure I will get a chance around Thanksgiving and Christmas. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...